12 April 2022 |
Ep44: Grain: How an App Blew Zoom Wide Open
By Joe Sweeny
- So Grain is a Whatnow: 0:37
- Friday Feeding Frenzy: 3:29
- Three Systems, One Moat: 5:06
- Bottom Up: 9:53
- Starter Vision: 13:11
- Unique Value Props: 16:40
- Focus, Focus, Focus: 18:19
- Build, Trash, Build Again: 18:46
- Building For Specificity, Not Generality: 19:42
- Grain of The Future: 21:00
Zoom! Grain is building a way to record, search, and edit your Zoom meetings.
But what started as a transcription service and a video editor has evolved into a new kind of database – a searchable record of all the conversations that happen inside a company. Today Grain is about connecting ideas across teams and divisions that you may never have even known existed.
Joe talks to Mike about how Zoom evolved into a platform for new startups, how Grain found their killer app with a Google doc, and his vision to build a Reddit-like experience for ideas inside companies.
Check out the Just Raised newsletter: https://bit.ly/3Ghj2tY
Stay up-to-date on all things Just Raised: https://workweek.com/brand/just-raised/ or follow Joe Sweeny on Twitter:https://twitter.com/JoeySweeny
And if you’re a fan of Acquired, Invest Like The Best, Business Breakdowns or 20VC, you’ll love Just Raised