03 January 2023 |
129 – How To Create A Product Marketing Strategy, With Alexandria Snow
By Daniel Murray
How do you set your product marketing team up for success? Find out with Alexandria Snow, the customer-first marketer who knows exactly what you need.
Alexandria is a sales and marketing technology consultant and product marketer with more than nine years of SaaS experience.
She and Daniel dive into conversation about her unconventional path to marketing, why you need to know the business you’re in just as well as you know the customer, and the challenges around how product marketers are viewed in an organization.
Keep up to date with the latest news from The Marketing Millennials:.
Follow Daniel on Twitter: twitter.com/Dmurr68
Sign up to The Marketing Millennials newsletter: workweek.com/brand/the-marketing-millennials
Daniel is a Workweek friend, working to produce amazing podcasts. Find out more, visit: www.workweek.com
5 Steps to Think Like a Product Marketer: Tips and Strategies to Increase Product Sales
Product marketing is an essential part of any successful business, and it requires a unique set of skills and strategies to be successful. It involves understanding the customer, their needs and wants, and coming up with creative solutions to meet those needs.
Thinking like a product marketer is essential to increasing your product sales, but it can be difficult to know exactly what steps to take. Luckily, this article outlines five simple steps you can take to start thinking like a product marketer and increase your product sales.
We’ll cover tips and strategies for researching the customer, understanding their needs and wants, creating a marketing plan, and more. By the end of this article, you’ll have the tools and knowledge necessary to start thinking like a product marketer and increase your product sales.
Understand Your Customer: Research and Analyze
Before you can start creating your marketing plan, you need to understand the customer you’re marketing to and their needs and wants. One of the best ways to do this is through market research. Market research allows you to delve into the current market, your competitors, and your customers to better understand their needs and desires.
This can help you create a marketing strategy that appeals to your customers and helps you meet their needs. There are a number of ways to conduct market research, including surveys, in-person interviews, and online forums. Each offers different benefits, so it’s important to choose the one that best meets your needs and is right for your business.
Once you’ve conducted your market research, you’ll want to take some time to analyze the data you’ve gathered. You’ll want to look for patterns, like common needs, desires, and problems your customers have, as well as trends in the data. This can help you gain a better understanding of your customers and their needs and desires, and make it easier to create a marketing plan.
Identify Your Customer’s Needs and Wants
After you’ve conducted your market research, you’ll want to start identifying your customer’s needs and wants. This is one of the most important parts of creating a marketing plan since it will dictate what you market to your customers. By understanding what your customer’s needs and wants are, you can create a marketing plan that appeals to them and helps you sell your product more effectively.
There are a few ways you can go about identifying your customer’s needs and wants. One way is to look at your customer journey map and identifying pain points and obstacles. Another is taking a look at the problems and needs your customers have identified throughout the market research process. Once you’ve identified your customer’s needs and wants, you can start creating your marketing plan based on this information.
This will allow you to create a marketing plan that appeals to your customers’ needs and wants. This can help you sell your product more effectively and increase your product sales.
Create an Engaging Marketing Plan
Now that you’ve conducted your market research and identified your customer’s needs and desires, you can start creating your marketing plan. Marketers have a variety of different tools they can use to grow their business, including social media, influencer marketing, and email marketing.
Now, it’s important to understand that not all of these tools are going to work for every business. It’s important to choose the marketing tools that best fit your business model, product offering, and customers. That being said, there are a few tips you can follow to create an engaging marketing plan.
– Research your marketing options: Before you can start creating your marketing plan, you need to research your marketing options. This will allow you to understand all of your different marketing options and what each one offers. This will make it easier to create a marketing plan that meets your needs.
– Create an outline: Now that you’ve researched your marketing options, it’s time to outline your marketing plan. An easy way to start creating your outline is to start with your marketing goals and work your way back from there
. – Think outside the box: One of the most important things to keep in mind when creating your marketing plan is to think outside the box. You want to create a marketing plan that works for your business, but you also want to make sure you stand out from the crowd.
Develop Your Product Offering
Now that you’ve created an engaging marketing plan, it’s time to begin developing your product offering. A product offering is essentially the marketing you do for your product. It involves things like product descriptions, product images, and marketing collateral. Now, developing your product offering can be a bit tricky since you want to make sure it meets your customer’s needs and desires, but it’s important to remember that your marketing plan should drive its sales
– Assess your customer journey: Before you can start developing your product offering, you need to assess your customer journey. This can help you better understand the customer’s journey from awareness to purchase and gain a better understanding of your product offering.
– Set your priorities: Now that you’ve assessed your customer journey and know what needs to be done to develop your product offering, it’s time to set your priorities. You want to make sure you’re focusing on the areas that will help you sell your product the most. This can help you create a product offering that better meets your customer’s needs and desires, and drive sales.
Implement and Monitor Your Plan
Now that you’ve developed your product offering, it’s time to implement your marketing plan and start selling more products. This will allow you to see the effects of your marketing plan and make any necessary changes. Monitoring your marketing plan is essential to ensure that it’s working properly, and that you’re reaching your desired audience.
– Consider hiring help: One of the best ways to implement your marketing plan is to consider hiring help. Whether you hire a marketer or outsource certain tasks, you can save yourself a lot of time and effort, and ensure your plan is being executed properly
. – Keep an eye on your sales data: Another way you can monitor your marketing plan is to keep an eye on your sales data. This can help you gain valuable insight into your marketing plan, like who your customers are and what they want, as well as how your marketing efforts are impacting your sales.
– Be open to change: Finally, once your marketing plan is implemented, it’s important to be open to change. You want to make sure you’re monitoring your marketing efforts and making changes as necessary. This will help you better reach your desired audience and sell more products.