14 March 2023 |
Why Paid Social and Organic Growth Should be Be Friends, With KT McBratney, OwnTrail
By Daniel Murray
Why has one of the best marketers out there chosen organic growth, over paid social, for her own business?
Find out what KT McBratney knows in this episode from the archives.
KT is the Co-Founder and COO at OwnTrail, a platform offering the tools and community you need to fuel and bring together your definition of personal and professional success.
Daniel and marketer-turned-entrepreneur KT, get into conversation on why organic channels give you the ability to talk to your audience, not at them, why organic channels make all channels run better, and how best to approach organic marketing.
And if you LOVE The Marketing Millennials drop us a five-star review at: https://ratethispodcast.com/marketingmillennials, I really appreciate your support!.
Keep up to date with the latest news from The Marketing Millennials:.
Follow Daniel on Twitter: twitter.com/Dmurr68
Sign up to The Marketing Millennials newsletter: workweek.com/brand/the-marketing-millennials
02:08 The Spider Web of Organic Growth
16:27 How Marketing Has Been Democratized
19:42 The Need to Talk With People, Not At Them
20:10 Why It’s Time to Break Out of Our Boxes
22:17 Sometimes You’ve Just Gotta Work Harder
24:40 Personal Brand Authenticity
31:15 Take a Look At TikTok
33:15 Why Can’t We All Just Get Along?
41:48 If I Can Tell You One Thing
The Importance of Paid And Organic Growth In B2B Marketing
In today’s competitive B2B marketing landscape, businesses need to use a variety of strategies to grow their audience and drive revenue. Two of the most important strategies are paid and organic growth. While each strategy has its strengths and weaknesses, both are essential to a successful B2B marketing campaign. In this blog post, we’ll explore the importance of paid and organic growth in B2B marketing.
Organic growth is the process of growing your audience and driving traffic to your website without paid advertising. This strategy includes tactics like search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, email marketing, and content marketing. Organic growth is important for several reasons:
- Cost-Effective: Organic growth can be cost-effective compared to paid advertising. Once you create content, optimize your website, and build your social media presence, it can continue to drive traffic to your site for months or even years, without ongoing costs.
- Builds Trust: Organic growth helps to build trust with your audience. When you rank high in search results or have a strong social media presence, it shows that you’re a reputable and credible business. This builds trust with your audience and can lead to more conversions.
- Long-Term Benefits: Organic growth has long-term benefits. As your website becomes more established, it will continue to rank higher in search results, attracting more visitors and leads to your website. It can also help you to establish your business as a thought leader in your industry.
Paid growth is the process of growing your audience and driving traffic to your website through paid advertising. This strategy includes tactics like pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, social media advertising, display advertising, and sponsored content. Paid growth is important for several reasons:
- Quick Results: Paid growth can deliver quick results. As soon as you launch a PPC or social media ad campaign, you can start driving traffic to your website and generating leads.
- Targeted Advertising: Paid growth allows you to target specific audiences based on demographics, interests, and behaviors. This helps you to reach the right people at the right time and drive more conversions.
- Scalable: Paid growth is scalable. As your business grows, you can increase your advertising budget to drive even more traffic and generate more revenue.
The Importance of a Combined Approach
While both paid and organic growth strategies have their strengths and weaknesses, the most effective B2B marketing campaigns use a combination of both. A combined approach helps to:
- Maximize Results: A combined approach helps to maximize results. By using both paid and organic strategies, you can reach more people, generate more leads, and drive more revenue.
- Diversify Risk: A combined approach helps to diversify risk. If one strategy isn’t working as well as expected, you can rely on the other to drive results.
- Optimize ROI: A combined approach helps to optimize ROI. By using both paid and organic strategies, you can allocate your budget to the tactics that are generating the most ROI.
In conclusion, paid and organic growth are both essential to a successful B2B marketing campaign. Organic growth provides cost-effective, long-term benefits and helps to build trust with your audience. Paid growth delivers quick results, targeted advertising, and is scalable. By using a combined approach, you can maximize results, diversify risk, and optimize ROI. So, don’t overlook the importance of both paid and organic growth in your B2B marketing strategy.