11 January 2023 |
LinkedIn Live Audit With Dave Gerhardt
By Daniel Murray
How do you build community on LinkedIn, with so many voices competing for attention? Dave Gerhardt is the LinkedIn OG with all the knowledge.
Dave is the Founder of ExitFive, a platform for B2B marketing professionals, with more than 3,000 paying members. He’s also the host of the ExitFive podcast. He joins Daniel on this LinkedIn Live event.
Daniel and Dave discuss why founders shouldn’t be afraid of building their personal brand on LinkedIn, the inspiration behind the name ExitFive, and why LinkedIn is the perfect platform to push people towards your own channels.
Keep up to date with the latest news from The Marketing Millennials:.
Follow Daniel on Twitter: twitter.com/Dmurr68
Sign up to The Marketing Millennials newsletter: workweek.com/brand/the-marketing-millennials
Daniel is a Workweek friend, working to produce amazing podcasts. Find out more, visit: www.workweek.com
08:40 An Interesting Place To Be Right Now
10:54 Going Where The People Are
13:55 The Inherent Fascination With The Origin Story
17:39 ExitFive’s Origin Story
21:05 Posting On Social Media? It’s Not For Everyone
26:44 The Yoga Example
35:16 The Need For a Point Of View
46:00 Content Consistently
54:21 Being Authentic
How To Build A Community On LinkedIn
LinkedIn is one of the most popular social media platforms for professionals in various industries. Building a LinkedIn community can be extremely beneficial for marketing professionals, as it can help them connect with potential clients, industry peers, and thought leaders. Here are some tips on how to build a LinkedIn community as a marketing professional:
- Define your target audience: Before you start building your LinkedIn community, it’s essential to know who you want to reach. Define your target audience, including their job titles, industries, and interests. This will help you create content that resonates with them and tailor your outreach efforts to connect with the right people.
- Create a compelling profile: Your LinkedIn profile is your personal brand on the platform. Ensure your profile is complete and optimized with a professional headshot, a concise and clear headline, and a summary that highlights your skills and achievements. Add relevant keywords to your profile to increase its visibility in search results.
- Share valuable content: The best way to build a LinkedIn community is by sharing valuable content regularly. Create and share content that provides insights, solves problems, and offers tips to your target audience. Make sure your content is relevant, informative, and engaging. Also, consider using multimedia, such as images, videos, and infographics, to make your content more engaging.
- Engage with others: Building a LinkedIn community requires engagement. Take the time to comment on other people’s posts, share their content, and connect with people who are relevant to your target audience. This will help you establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and build a network of like-minded individuals.
- Join LinkedIn groups: LinkedIn groups are a great way to connect with people who share your interests and passions. Join relevant groups and participate in discussions. This will help you expand your network, learn from others, and increase your visibility.
- Host webinars and events: Hosting webinars and events is an excellent way to build your LinkedIn community. It allows you to showcase your expertise, connect with your target audience, and provide value to your community. Make sure to promote your webinars and events on LinkedIn to attract the right audience.
Building a LinkedIn community takes time and effort, but it’s worth it. By following these tips, you can create a network of engaged professionals who can help you achieve your marketing goals.